http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Visual Metaphor: Favorite Words

Visual Metaphor

Visual Metaphor are the ramblings of an engineering student up in University of Waterloo, Canada. My favorite rants are about philosophy, morality, religion, technology, society and culture with the occassional psychedelic poetry

Name:
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Favorite Words

My two bestest words are: Microcosm and Oversimplification. I love using these words when I'm debating with my friends. They can make any argument sound well thought out, even if your just improvising, which I usually am.

Microcosm: Many concepts can be taken as a microcosm of another concept, and hence using that word shows that your thinking of the bigger picture, even though your just buying time to think of something smarter to say.

Oversimplification: Almost everything is oversimplified, and if you figure someone is using a point without thinking of all the issues, just say the magic word and you can make their point seem childish; and then present a few points that un-simplify the argument (in your favor of course)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home