http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Visual Metaphor: Quote of the Day and Iqbal

Visual Metaphor

Visual Metaphor are the ramblings of an engineering student up in University of Waterloo, Canada. My favorite rants are about philosophy, morality, religion, technology, society and culture with the occassional psychedelic poetry

Name:
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Monday, July 04, 2005

Quote of the Day and Iqbal

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us."
- Maurice Maeterlinck

....'Tis sad indeed

In other Fahd news..

I'm reading Allama Iqbal's Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam [link to complete text online]. I must say its one of the most intellectually intense books I have read, along with Douglas R. Hofstadter Godel Escher Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid. Iqbal is tying religious concepts and Quran with theoretical physics, philosophy and psychology. When I get the time, I'll post some interesting quote's from his work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home